Do ibm patients have flares?

Dr. Michael Mirochna

Ibd (inflammatory bowel disease) patients have flares of the disease in which there typically is an increase in abdominal pain, frequent bloody stools and crampy diarrhea.
Sometimes hospitalization is necessary to treat these situations. Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome) typically does not have flares, but does have waxing and waning periods of constipation and diarrhea.

Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Re-submit

It is best not to use abbreviations when asking medical questions.
There are so many abbreviations with different meanings that sometimes the doctor will not understand or may give you the wrong answer thinking a different disease. I do not know what ibm means.

In brief: Re-submit

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Umesh Patel