Can I wait to get a dental implant or will teeth move if bruxism?

Implants. If you have a bruxing problem great care must be taken that the pressure on the implant is balanced properly when you bite down. A night guard may need to be fabricated to protect the teeth if this bruxing habit can't be broken. Being aware of this habit is half the battle. When do you brux your teeth? Do you drink much coffee/caffeine. Do you have a exercise program to reduce stress? Discuss this.
Teeth may move? It's hard to say whether your bruxism will cause tooth movement. The question is more, 'why are you waiting? ' if finances are the reason, and you're concerned about not having enough room for the implant do to the possibility of teeth shifting, i'd have your dentist make you a simple removable prosthesis or space maintainer until you can proceed with the implant. This way, you'll have no issues.
Do not wait. If the teeth move or shift, then the spacing for a dental implant may be lost. The bruxism can be addressed easily with a mouth guard. Sooner you have a dental implant, the sooner. The longer you wait the bone where the dental implant can be placed melts away quickly and a bone graft may be required to rebuild the bone. Consult with your dentist as there appears to be a few issues present.
Yes. First, if you currently need an extraction and are considering an implant in the future make sure the dentist who extracts your tooth preserves the site with a bone graft. Second, make sure you wear something to help keep the surrounding teeth from moving. An orthotic appliance such as a bite splint can help with your bruxism and help keep teeth from moving. Hopefully you are wearing one already.
They might. Teeth grinding "bruxism" is a nocturnal sleep habit and is evidence that your nervous system is unusually excitable. The dental prosthesis is only a stop gap. You need to check out your diet for sugar is a major cause of this problem. I know it sounds strange but check my blog "oxygen the spark of life". You can google it.
Teeth will move. Teeth will move over time without a replacement. If you grind, they may move faster and may wear down faster due to fewer teeth to pupport the forces. Should be wearing a nightguard / occlusal guard. See your dentist.
Treat the cause. If the teeth move with bruxism, getting a dental implant will not help you to solve the problem. Tooth movement is a protective mechanism to absorb the load and position it out of the horizontal force. Malocclusion should be treated. Splinted should be made to reestablish muscle imbalance, teeth needed to be equilibrated for better force distribution. Schedule with your dentist.
Yes. Of you are going to wait my recommendation would be for you to get a bite guard to protect your teeth from brutish and maintain tooth position.
Possibly. The answer depends on which toot (teeth) are missing and other factors related to your bite. Visit your dentist or oral surgeon for an evaluation.
Check now. If you have missing teeth, the other teeth can easily move. If you have other bite problems, then you need these addressed first before having an implant. You may need your bite corrected or aligned. Find a TMJ or bite dentist who can improve these conditions. You will need both of these topics addressed and managed to get great long-lasting results.