Would a CT scan of the chest, chest X-ray or an echo show any signs of aneurysm?

Dr. Carl Decker
Radiology
In brief: YES
Assuming we're talking about an aortic aneurysm, all three can be useful in the detection of aortic aneurysm. Ct and echo would be the most sensitive.

In brief: YES
Dr. Carl Decker
Dr. Carl Decker
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: CAT Scan
A cat scan chest will show an aneurysm in the thoracic aorta.
To identify an aneurysm in the thoracoabdominal and abdominal aorta as well as in the visceral arteries, continuation of the cat scan to the abdomen and pelvis is advised.

In brief: CAT Scan
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery
In brief: Usuallly
A ct of the chest is a really accurate way to see an aneurysm.
Not always 100% accurate but pretty good. I have always been a sceptic of the belief that if you can't see it on the film, it isn't there. Books don't bleed, patients do.

In brief: Usuallly
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Peter Kurzweil