So torn on this. My teen is not sexually active, should I still get her the cervical cancer shot?

Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Please do !
I am aware of the political and religious issues.
In my opinion as a cancer doctor, go ahead and give her th 3 shots. If even she remains sexually pure till marriage, her husband might carry the virus and infect her. Up to 30% of throat cancer is caused by the virus and strains which are transmitted by oral sex. President clinton was naive and wrong when he said he did not have sex with this woman.

In brief: Please do !
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Martin Raff
Agree absolutely. Your teenager may not be sexually active now, but she will become so at some time in the future and protecting her from a potentially fatal condition sounds reasonable to me.
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Absolutely
What about the future and can you trust any furure partner not to carry hpv?The risk of side effects from the vaccine are far, far outweighed by the risk of cervical cancer.
The vaccine is well worth it now for future protection. Do not hesitate.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Please protect her from cervix cancer and oral cancers.
We are seeing a whole new wave of hpv associated head and neck cancers. This has nothing to do with morality, politics, or anything aside from a concern that as much cancer as possible be prevented.

Dr. Debashish Bose
Dr. Debashish Bose
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery