I'm looking for inspiration for family's dealing with cancer?

In brief: It is not hopeless

Let us start , diagnosis of caner is not hopeless all the time.
Some of the non curable cancers of two decades ago are now completely curable cancers, even the non curable ones have prolonged remissions due great chemotherapeutic drugs. The medical team that treats also includes family friends, well wishers, and don't for get the clergy who will cure the soul.

In brief: It is not hopeless

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Grieving a relative

Everyone around the stricken person grieve, more or less depending on the strength of the person.
Search "grief" and look at all documents you can get from the internet. There are a lot. Search libraries for books on "grief" or call and talk to a psychologist, they may guide you on the phone for the first steps in the preparation for a loss then prepare for the healing after the loss. Call me too!

In brief: Grieving a relative

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery