With hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, will I live very long after pregnancy?

Dr. Robert Vogt Lowell
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Depends
Several factors have to do with longevity in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (hcm).
The ability (or lack thereof) to pump blood, the presence of heart rhythm problems and whether there is obstruction to blood flow out of the heart, among others. You should be followed closely by your cardiologist because there are several treatments that might improve your chances to live a long life (meds, aicd).

In brief: Depends
Dr. Robert Vogt Lowell
Dr. Robert Vogt Lowell
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: If you want to, yes
The human body and spirit are amazing and people live as long as they want and often (everyday) defy what medical doctors tell them. I would encourage you to maintain a positive attitude and with a child on the way you have a lot to live for! see an acupuncturist /chinese medicine practitioner as that may help more than you can imagine.
..(in addition to your regular physician).

In brief: If you want to, yes
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey