How can I sleep when I keep having to go to the bathroom?

Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Solve the cause

The question is why are you going to the bathroom? It may be as simple as drinking too much fluids before bed.
Other reasons could be a urinary track infection, enlarged prostate, overactive bladder, pregnancy or possibly sleep apnea. Medications can also cause you to have to urinate as a main effect or side effect. If a trial of fluid restriction doesn't help, see your primary care doctor.

In brief: Solve the cause

Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Fluid intake

Monitor your fluid intake the 2 - 3 hours before bedtime.
Do not take any diuretics, and do not drink up to 2 hours before bedtime. If this does not work, see your doctor. You may have beginning diabetes or other problems. Most likely it is too much fluid too close to bedtime.

In brief: Fluid intake

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Arnon Rubin