What age should I get breast reduction or wait till done having kids?

Dr. Susan Kolb
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Any age
Breast feeding is rarely affected with the inferior pedicle technique unless the nipple arealor complex is in danger (very large breast size or smoking) and the health benefits are significant, so age is usually not a factor unless the patient is getting the procedure more for cosmetic than reconstructive reasons.

In brief: Any age
Dr. Susan Kolb
Dr. Susan Kolb
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: When you are ready
The age you have the surgery is determined by the pain, discomfort and reasons for having the surgery.
Very young woman, teens, should wait until they are fully grown. Adults have to decide whether waiting until they are finished with child bearing. The breast shape will be altered with pregnancy and there is a potential risk of not being able to either breast feed or have sufficient milk.

In brief: When you are ready
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Dr. Jeffrey Rosenthal
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Hard to know...
Reduction is usually done to relieve pain and not for cosmesis.
I have done this on patients as young as 15. I have also done repeat reductions on women who have had pregnancies after reduction and become symptomatic from recurrence of large, heavy breasts.

In brief: Hard to know...
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Scott Tucker
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends
There is a chance that you would not be able to breast feed after a breast reduction so if this is very important to you you may want to wait.
Pregnancy will also affect the size and shape of your breasts, so you may want to wait to see what they look like after kids. All that said if you are very symptomatic and having trouble functioning then it is reasonable to proceed.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Scott Tucker
Dr. Scott Tucker
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: How bad is it?
It really depends on how bad it is, the severity of your symptoms, age, growth history/curve, etc.
Patients with virginal hypertrophy may benefit from early intervention. However, if you can tolerate the weight of the breasts, surgery can be deferred.

In brief: How bad is it?
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Adam Levy