Getting breast augmentation, how many days should I have someone stay with me to help?

Dr. Nina Naidu
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast aug help

I suggest having someone with you for 2-3 days.
If you have small children, you need to be careful about lifting them for 2 weeks, so you may need help for a longer period in that case. You will be able to perform small tasks around the house, usually that evening or the next day.

In brief: Breast aug help

Dr. Nina Naidu
Dr. Nina Naidu
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: As long as impaired

As long as you are impaired, either physically or mentally.
This will vary for each individual according to pain tolerance and pain medication requirements as well as other details such as location of the implant (over vs under), size, etc. Patients taking large doses of pain meds should not be left alone. Once you are pain medication free and able to perform activities of daily living.

In brief: As long as impaired

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 2 days post op

If possible you should have someone stay with you for the first two days following your surgery.
During the first two post op days my patients have drains and most also have a pain pump. The drains will limit your range of motion. Once removed (at two days) you will have much more freedom to move. However, you should not be lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk for the first week.

In brief: 2 days post op

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

No issue.

No issue.
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Quick Recovery

You definitely need an adult to take care of you for 24 hours, but you probably need help for a few days.
On average, you should be able to get back to work within a few days (or even quicker with small implants). http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.

In brief: Quick Recovery

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 2-4 Days

Every patient is different when it comes to recovery after surgery.
On average, my patients benefit from help anywhere from 2 to 4 days after breast augmentation surgery. I ask my patients not to drive until they are off of mind altering medications and are able to respond to an emergency. Best wishes.

In brief: 2-4 Days

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends.On an averag

It depends on the patient.
In my practise I have patients those who are up and about and doing their routine activity by second or third day excepting raising thei hand over their head.Then again you will have patients who will take four or five days to get back in their routine.In terms of assisted help in home one or two days is enough.

In brief: Depends.On an averag

It depends on the patient.
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery