Can i take an ativan (lorazepam) 6 hours after taking oxycodone?

Dr. James Fox

In brief: Do not do it

I would not suggest taking either medication, particularly in the long term. Both put you at risk of becoming addicted.
People also build up a tolerance and feel they need more medication to get the same results. Try deep breathing to relieve our anxiety and go see a psychiatrist or therapist.

In brief: Do not do it

Dr. James Fox
Dr. James Fox
Dr. Adam Tripp

In brief: Yes, however...

Discuss with your pcp or specialist because concomitant use of benzos like Ativan (lorazepam) and opioids like oxycodone can result in excessive sedation.

In brief: Yes, however...

Dr. Adam Tripp
Dr. Adam Tripp
Dr. Eric Weisman