What is nocturnal hypoxemia?

Low oxygen at night. Many causes like sleep apnea, copd, emphysema, heart disease etc. Can cause nocturnal hypoxemia or low level of oxygen at night. It is important medical condition. For its evaluation one may need overnight pulse oximetry to diagnose and if present needs use of home oxygen. Saturation below 87% or less is significant on room air. Consider evaluation by lung doctor if present.
Sleep apnea. It means that the body isn't getting the proper amount of oxygen while sleeping. Another name for this is sleep apnea. It is imperative that a physician be consulted to evaluate and treat this life threatening problem.