Was I born with a genetic predisposition to infertility? 46xx

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: 46XX = normal female
46, xx = normal female chromosome pattern.
If you're 46, xx & male (very rare) you need to see a specialist. If you're a woman there is usually no identifiable genetic cause of your infertility. Fragile x syndrome is a rare cause of ovarian insufficiency/ early menopause. Some women whose mom had early menopause are increased risk of low ovarian reserve themselves. Chromosome translocations are rare.

In brief: 46XX = normal female
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Good answer. I am not sure why you thought you had a genetic problem - can you provide more insight?
Dr. Amr Azim
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Karyotype is crude
Normal female chromosomes indicates there is no gross genetic abnormality but it is possible that a gene or more are abnormal and predispose to infertility.
Unfortunately these genes are not definitely characterized yet.

In brief: Karyotype is crude
Dr. Amr Azim
Dr. Amr Azim
Dr. Cindy Juster