How do I prepare for my amnio?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Read re risks, rest

Plan ahead. Take the day off work to relax before and after the procedure.
Arrange for a sitter to watch the kids so they need not go with you. Find a friend to drive you and perhaps take you to eat afterward. Above all, discuss with partner, ob, genetics counselor. In advance, the risks/benefits of having the amnniocentesis and what you might do with the information. See my other answers on amnio.

In brief: Read re risks, rest

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Here is one of my many answers related to genetic amniocentesis. https://www.healthtap.com/#user_questions/4930-what-is-amniocentesis
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias

In brief: Emotionally.

Emotional preparation would be my main advice to you.
Otherwise, the procedure is pretty painless and quick and should not require much preparation on your part.

In brief: Emotionally.

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias