Whats risk of complications from ear tubes in child?

Ear tubes. Complications from ear tube placement are rare....However one occasiionally see non-healing of the ear drum after the tube falls which may then require patching.
Few. Small risk from the anesthesia. The tubes can fall out too soon (they usually stay in a year). The tubes can become a place where bacteria accumulate and grow (sometimes they have to be removed or replaced). After tubes come out there can be a residual hole in the eardrum (perforation). The hole will usually close spontaneously, but sometimes need surgery to help it.