I've had 2 cath ablations and take multac but still am in a-fib 25% being in a-fib makes me very tired. Should I have another ablation?

Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: Discuss with cardio.
I am a bit worried that you persist in atrial fibrillation after ablations and multac.
May consider anti-coagulation at this point.

In brief: Discuss with cardio.
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
Sometimes ablation may be required multiple times.
Make sure that your doctor is extremely experienced and capable. Ask how many different areas were ablated and whether both atria were evaluated.

Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: It may work for U
Discuss with u cardiologist.

In brief: It may work for U
Discuss with u cardiologist.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Eric Rashba
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Maybe
Ablation for atrial fibrillation (af) sometimes needs to be repeated more than once.
Your doctor can help you make this decision by considering multiple factors including the presence of dilatation of the heart chambers, abnormalities of the mitral valve, and type of af (paroxysmal stops and starts on its own, vs persistent). Trying another drug is another option.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Eric Rashba
Dr. Eric Rashba
Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Ablation
Discuss with your doctor the risks and benefits of a second ablation.

In brief: Ablation
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Steven Seres