What can I do for tmj?

Orthodontist. First step is to see a dr who can fit a device to try and align the jaws.
Get a diagnosis. If you indeed do have TMJ/TMD dysfunction, you need to find a dentist that has had advanced training in this area. A common mistake is to treat the symptoms and not the source of the problem. That requires a very specific exam and diagnosis. Good luck.
Depends. There are many treatments for tmj. The key is getting a diagnosis. Tmj is a group of disorders related to the jaw joint. Depending upon what the problem is will determine the appropriate treatment. Finding a doctor to diagnose the problem will help avoid ineffective treatment.
Several things. First make sure that TMJ is what your have! Reduce/avoid chewing hard/chewy foods, caffeine, clenching teeth. Treat grinding/clenching teeth (wear nightguard--available otc), use some Motrin etc...Hand-to-chin push stretching exercises etc. Don't sleep on your sides or belly...If these don't help, consult your doc...Or dentist. Good luck.
Some things to try. Depends on symptoms, and cause of symptoms. 3 signs of TMJ dysfunction: joint noises, joint pain & limited oral opening. Self treat with soft diet, jaw exercises, massage, heat/cold, OTC pain meds. A splint or physical therapy would be next. Occasionally muscle relaxants, biofeedback. Xrays are done for diagnosis. Surgery usually reserved for serious symptoms not responsive to other treatments.
Depends. Need to be evaluated to make sure that you truly have tmj/tmd or some other ailment, etc. That can mimic TMJ symptoms.
Good general dentist. It may be the occlusion, an alignment problem. (idiopathic?) it could be a prosthetic problem. It could be a bruxing problem: stress, alignment etc the list could go on quite a bit. Don't forget the gp who hopefully sees this patient on a regular basis. And should have a good med hx.