To become a pediatrician md is 10- 11 yrs what should be my major for my first 4 yrs before getting to a medical school? Im 21 yrs old

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Pre med courses

You need a year each of organic chemistry, a ear of physics, a year of biology with their respective lab courses, a year of english and a year of calculus or other math courses including statistics.
Also required is certain number of non science courses.You usually accompalish that in four years and then you take mcats and if you get ito med school 4 years of school and three years of residency.

In brief: Pre med courses

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jeff Livingston
I agree. You can major in anything. I was a Spanish major. Maybe other docs can share their majors too.m
Dr. Zoey Goore

In brief: Pediatrician

To be a general pediatrician it take college, then 4 years of med school and then 3 years of pediatric specific training.
Your major in college can be anything you want it to be as long as you also take the required for med school classes. I'd encourage you to major in whatever interests you. It may be the last opportunity for a while to take outside your field (medicine) classes.

In brief: Pediatrician

Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Joseph Cohen

In brief: Psychology

Being able to understand pediatric psychology and psychiatry is so important in every patient visit.

In brief: Psychology

Dr. Joseph Cohen
Dr. Joseph Cohen
Dr. Shontae Buffington