How can I tell if this is a fibro headache?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Fibro
Headache with discomfort or pain affecting multiple sites.

In brief: Fibro
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Aaron Stupple
General Practice
In brief: Not typical
Fibromyalgia is typically described as pain at 11 of 18 specific tender points.
There are points located at the back of the neck and at the point where the neck muscles connect to the skull in the back, but the pain is rarely on the head itself. If it is a fibromyalgia headache, you would expect pain on both sides of the body, above and below the waist.

In brief: Not typical
Aaron Stupple
Aaron Stupple
Answer assisted by Aaron Stupple, Medical Student
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: By association
? If headache, HA, is "Fibromyalgia, FM, HA".
Tension muscle HA, TMH, common in FM sufferers; via Superior trapezium muscle spasm. Classical migraine seems to devolve in those w. chronic TMH & both might be on a continuum. If HA is associated w. constellation of FM signature symptoms, global back pain, restless sleep, fatigue & "fibro fog", then it might properly be called a FM HA; otherwise not.

In brief: By association
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
4 comments
Dr. Laurence Badgley
"Chronic migraines" seems a new term within the medical arena. I encountered several women who told me their doctors gave them this "diagnosis". They reported headaches "every day". My exams discovered unilateral Superior trapezium muscle spasms; often associated with large breasts, tilted head, & anterior sloped shoulders.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Gravity Rules. Head weighs about ten pounds & each arm about 15 pounds. These body parts are falling toward center of earth at 32 feet per second per second. Ligaments, tendons, muscles, & fascia strain to keep body tower upright. When body is tilted, soft tissue asymmetry & painful soft tissue spasms evolve.
Dr. Arnon Rubin