I am a healthy 71 year old male I notice in the past few years, when I get a cut it takes twice as long to heal as it used to. Is this an age thing?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possible

It is possibly related to age but is also influenced by nutritional status as well as other conditions such as cardiovascular health and diabetes to name a few.
It is probably reasonable to see a physician for a history and physical if you have not done so in the past 5 years.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Age = big factor

As we get older, the cells/organs don't regenerate as quick as when we were in the growing stage of life.
Adults produce much less growth hormones and other substances. As a result, injury will ]take longer and longer to heal. Also, blood supply is somewhat reduced due to narrowing of vessels etc...Which may play a role..Do the best you can, stay active/healthy. Consult doc regularly.. Good luck.

In brief: Age = big factor

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Andrea Brand