I had blood in my spit last week n. I stopped smoking. The blood has reduced to very small amt. Is it possible my lungs will heal itself?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Needs evaluation
If you have been smoking a long time, congratulations on stopping.
But if you have abnormal sputum, especially with blood in it, you need an evaluation. While it might just be some type of bronchitis which can improve now that smoking has stopped, it might be some other condition that you need help with. Start with your family doctor and follow his advice.

In brief: Needs evaluation
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
In brief: Blood in Sputum
You need to be checked.
Blood in sputum can be a sign of cancer, & you are at increased risk because you smoke.

In brief: Blood in Sputum
You need to be checked.
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Steven Seres