I had my uterus removed 12 years ago, when should I expext to start minapause?

In brief: Around age 50
If your ovaries were left in, you should go through menopause at about the same age as if you had not had a hysterectomy or maybe a year or two earlier. The average age of menopause is 51 but can vary from 45 to 55.
Symptoms of perimenopause/menopause might include hot flashes, night sweats, trouble sleeping, and vaginal dryness and may last for 3 to 5 yrs around the time of menopause.

In brief: Around age 50
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Ovaries gone also?
The question is a good one.
In order to provide a specific answer, we need to know if the ovaries were removed. Also it would help to know age at time of surgery--30-40, 40-50, 50 or older. I will, however, refer this to our gynecologists for general answers.

In brief: Ovaries gone also?
The question is a good one.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Jane Van Dis