What diagnostic testing should be done to determine if peripheral neuropathy is my problem?

NCV/EMG. The two tests: nerve conduction velocity/electromyogram, usually done together can help determine your neuropathy. It is often done by a neurologist, but other docs do them as well. If you have symptoms/concerns, consult your doc who can help you find the answer/work-up appropriate for your case...Good luck.
Mostly clinical. Dx mostly based on clinical findings and underlying causes. Sometimes you may need blood work looking for vitamin b12, folate (folic acid) deficiencies, or toxic materials. You can also do nerve conduction studies.