What should I do about acne scars and oily skin?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: See a dermatologist
Acne scars or scars in general are permanent.
.There is no cure for scars, but few things can be done to reduce/minimize the sizes/shapes of scars...Derma-abrasion/resurfacing, laser treatments etc..May help. Topical meds may help reduce oily/acne skin, which should be done first. Consult your doc... Good luck.

In brief: See a dermatologist
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology
In brief: Acne scar revision
That's 2 really unrelated questions! acne scar revision involves determining the types of scarring you have and matching which of the many available therapies to your scarring.
Remember, improvement is the goal! as for oil, topical preparations like oc8 can help. Low dose Isotretinoin is the best thing for oiliness.

In brief: Acne scar revision
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. D'arcy Honeycutt
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: A few options
First, get the acne under control to prevent further scarring.
Retin-a can dry skin, but you don't want to use it too often or at the concentration that makes your face red and peel. The scars are difficult to eradicate, especially if they are deep. I have seen improvement with a multi-modal approach of dermal fillers, excision, subcision and fat grafting. Often skin resurfacing is used, too.

In brief: A few options
Dr. D'arcy Honeycutt
Dr. D'arcy Honeycutt
Dr. Peter Kurzweil