I get hot red cheeks and sometimes hot body. Doctor is not concerned and said its anxiety, I also have bav and ao root dilation and take atenolol.Help ?

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology

In brief: Hot red cheeks

Facial flushing is an annoying and very visible skin issue.
The causes run the spectrum from "no reason, it's just you" to some very serious issues. There is a pathway we can follow to help determine what causes it, but if your physician has already done your evaluation, there should be no cause for worry.

In brief: Hot red cheeks

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: If your doctor...

...Is not concerned, you probably should not be either. Of course, you always have the option of consulting another doctor for a second opinion.
"hot red cheeks" is often a symptom of rosacea, which can be triggered by anxiety, among other things.

In brief: If your doctor...

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Shontae Buffington