Trying to conceive having problems would it be ok to try Clomid (clomiphene) without a prescription?

Not a good idea. Consult a physician if you have difficulty conceiving. Your ob/gyn can prescribe clomid, (clomiphene) but if you don't get pregnant after 3 months of Clomid (clomiphene) see a fertility specialist (reproductive endocrinologist or rei). See rei first if you are over 35 and trying for 6 months or more, if over 40, or if you have irregular cycles, previous ectopic pregnancy, chlamydia or pid, or your partner has sperm issues.
Maybe... Clomid (clomiphene) was designed to treat patients with irregular menstrual cycles, but over time has been used for women with "unexplained" infertility. However, the success rates are much less in these women, and for this reason, I usually recommend supervision. Clomid (clomiphene) also has side effects: cervical mucus thickening, thinning of the uterine lining, and the potential for multiple pregnancy.