How can I treat intense itching on my scrotum and the inside of my thighs or groin...Don't know if jock itch, ringworm, or what but does have musky odor?

Dr. James Eitner

In brief: Likely Fungal

It is most likely a fungal infection.
(ringworm, jock itch are similar fungi) keep the area clean and dry. Try an over the counter antifungal cream (such as lotrimin (clotrimazole) or lamisil). You can try 1% Hydrocortisone cream to control the itching. If it is not improving or it is getting worse after a few days, see your doctor.

In brief: Likely Fungal

It is most likely a fungal infection.
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Fungal infections can be transferred from your feet. After showering and drying thuroughly, put your socks on first and then your underwear (so you don't catch your toes on your shorts and transfer any infection higher up). Also, dry your feet last and wash the towels. Finally, spray the bottom of the shower with a dilute (10%) solution of bleach water to kill any fungus on the shower floor.
Dr. Steven Seres