Is it true that many doctors are switching to the "concierge" model for their practices? One doctor told me it is the model of the future!

Dr. Liesa Harte
In brief: Concierge Model
It is true that more and more physicians are switching to a concierge model for their practices.
There are many different twists on how a doctor can set up their concierge practice. It typically involves limiting the number of patients they take care of. This number can range from 1 to 1,000. Non-concierge primary care doctors tend to take care of 2,500 to 4,000 patients.

In brief: Concierge Model
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Growing movement
The definition of "concierge" is evolving, and while it was once seen as the model of the future, i predict that the more successful model will be "direct primary care" practices - which are like traditional concierge but cheaper. You sign up for a monthly fee (like for a gym), and you get email access, same day appts, longer appts.
Places like qliance and medlion are well known examples.

In brief: Growing movement
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
In brief: No but I do option
I have a blended practice with a low 500 dollar per year flat fee with a 5 dollar copay - for unlimited visits within two days of the request- it works well for those who have chosen it, they save alot of money and no billing hassles.

In brief: No but I do option
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
Dr. Vicken Poochikian