Can a tooth cause an ear ache ?

Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Yes...

This is not at all uncommon.
There may be an infection. I would recommend seeing a dentist to determine the cause of the problem. Options for care can be discussed. If you do not have a dentist you can search the web for wonderful reviews. Good luck!

In brief: Yes...

This is not at all uncommon.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Definitely, yes

It's a referral pain, also called heterotopic pain, a general term used to designate pain perceived by the patient in an area other than its true site of origin.
Primary pain is arrested by anesthetic blocking of the painful area. If anesthetic blocking does not arrest the pain, the pain is secondary and arises from a different source. See your ENT or dentist.

In brief: Definitely, yes

The pain can be referred to your ear, causing discomfort.
See a dentist to restore that tooth and feel better soon...

Dr. Steven Seres