How can I travel light when I need more than my purse holds?

In brief: You can purchase

A compartmentalized carry bag or prioritize what you really need with you.

In brief: You can purchase

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Travel Medicine

In brief: Careful planning

You can either plan to carry less with you and purchase/borrow what you need at your destination or carry more with you, realizing you may need to check your luggage.
Currently the tsa allows you to carry one piece of carry-on luggage and one personal item (purse etc). Many vendor sell clever packaging solutions and bags to help you pack what you need without bringing extra 'stuff'.

In brief: Careful planning

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Flight?

Get a rolling bag and chose only 2 pairs of shoes per trip.
Wear the jacket. Try a travel pouch for id and money. Skip the purse and find a versatile tote for your day to day adventures. Enjoy.

In brief: Flight?

Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Dr. Carol Van der Harst

In brief: Redefining need, and

A good opportunity to review your habits, rituals versus actual needs.
You will probably learn from this what really is of the essence; and how, to make room for good, new things, we have to learn to select and get rid of the old and obsolete; otherwise we would travel too heavy in life. On the other hand, they will let you carry a bag with items purchased in a duty free shop.

In brief: Redefining need, and

Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky