I can hear my heartbeat in my head. Is this indicative of carotid artery disease?

Dr. Sebastian Conti
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: NO.

The carotid artery in the neck forks into two branches at the ear level.
Just as in a river fork, flow at the fork is turbulent. This turbulence is what some people hear, even though there may be no narrowing in the artery. Next time you see your doctor have him/her listen over the carotid artery. If there is a bruit (swishing noise) there, an ultrasound study should be obtained.

In brief: NO.

Dr. Sebastian Conti
Dr. Sebastian Conti
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Agree with Dr Conti, just I want to add , the patients could have high Blood Pressure and feel like pulsations on head,please check with Dr. The BP and cardiac output.
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Maybe

Could also be high blood pressure.
Better get check up.

In brief: Maybe

Could also be high blood pressure.
Better get check up.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology