I have chest tightness but it is relieved by xanax (alprazolam)? What evaluation should I ask for?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)?
You're implying, of course, by noting that Xanax (alprazolam) helps that your chest tightness is anxiety related.
Maybe so. But, do you have cardiac risk factors? Your age is important. If the tightness is reproduced by exertion and relieved by rest, you should see your doctor. If it's either very brief (seconds) or very long (hours), it's probably not your heart.

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)?
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
If you want to be reassured, a stress test is the indicated test.
Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Depends
Probably just anxiety, but should get heart checked out, first with ecg, but possibly with stress test .
..

In brief: Depends
..
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology