Who typically can successfully file for disability with fms?

Dr. Slade Suchecki
In brief: Someone disabled
I take care of a number of fibromyalgia patients who have symptoms controlled and can continue to be productive in the work environment.
If your symptoms Prohibit you from working you can consider filing for disability. I would discuss this with your primary care provider and consult legal advice. Obtaining a functional capacity evaluation helps to quantify ability - occupational med consult.

In brief: Someone disabled
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology
In brief: Not by itself
Fibromyalgia isn't a medically definable impairment.
You have to have other conditions that combine with it to equal a disability listing, or you have to establish that your residual functional capacity is low enough to qualify on that basis; with fibromyalgia alone, that just doesn't happen.

In brief: Not by itself
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: Anyone
? who can file disability for fibromyalgia (FM).
Anyone who has been documented by a licensed doctor of medicine. The key is for the doctor to document abnormal body functions and severity of the illness as relates to interference with the person's activities of daily living, the ADL's. An Osteopath can document the signs, symptoms & severity of the biomechanical disorders attendant with FM.

In brief: Anyone
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Mark Fisher
It isn't quite that simple. See http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OP_Home/rulings/di/01/SSR2012-02-di-01.html.
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Fms
I have come across several that filed, got denied and appealed.
Success rates are low unless complicated medical issues.

In brief: Fms
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: No one
I haven't seen any fms pts who have recieved disability for fms.

In brief: No one
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey