How can I find out if I am allergic to latex or not?

Dr. David Shulan
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: History and tests

Unfortuneatly the current available skin and blood tests can too frequently test negative when latex allergy is present.
These tests are useful if positive in demonstrating allergy. A history of rashes where latex touches you, trouble beating, hives, anaphylaxis ( trouble breathing, dizziness or passing out ) with exposure suggests latex allergy. Patch testing can help with a rash with latex.

In brief: History and tests

Dr. David Shulan
Dr. David Shulan
Dr. Anlin Xu

In brief: Allergy test

Some allergist may have skin test available for latex allergy.
But the reagent is very hard to get in us. There is a blood test that your doctor can order, ige to latex, which can help you finding out the answer.

In brief: Allergy test

Dr. Anlin Xu
Dr. Anlin Xu