In hostels can I get bedbugs or lice in my pubic hairs?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Very likely.

Bedbug bites have a blotchy, smudgy, red appearance.
They also remain close to their hosts, and in beds and couches, and they tend to have the smell of over-ripe rasberries. Pubic lice cause intense pubic, axillary, and periocular pruritis. Close contact, sharing of clothes, and lack of washing can easily transmit lice, and probably bedbugs.

In brief: Very likely.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Sure.

The former is a bigger risk than the latter; most hostels make you provide your own sheets, but bedbugs live on mattresses, not sheets or blankets.
Most hostels are pretty careful about keeping mattresses clean, but the possibility exists. Pubic lice are usually transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, so in hostels (as anywhere else), be careful whom you sleep with.

In brief: Sure.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Marsha Davis