How will I know Prozac (fluoxetine) is working? I have taken it two weeks.

Dr. Robert Woods
In brief: 2 to 6 Weeks
Your medication is working when your treatment goals for are being met.
For example, if your your goals include being motivated to get out of bed each morning and performing certain tasks: then you would find it easier to get up each day and easier to complete the tasks. Most patients begin to feel better after two weeks. But for some it may take up to six weeks. Be patient and talk to your md.

In brief: 2 to 6 Weeks
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Patience
We tell pts their antidepressants take 2-3 weeks 2start 2 work & that Prozac (fluoxetine) takes 4-6 weeks.
2 start 2 week.

In brief: Patience
2 start 2 week.
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Eric Weisman