Can a placenta previa totalis able to deliver normally?

Dr. Carlos Jesurun
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: NO

I believe only safe option is a planned cesarean section.
That way no blood from infant & placenta will be lost and infant will not endure any risk.

In brief: NO

Dr. Alan Patterson
NO, must have a scheduled planned c-section at 39weeks at the latest or earlier if you start bleeding as that is a dangerous situation an you can lose a huge amount of blood very fast , and can never deliver vaginally as would be a disaster for your baby and you, Nature does not always work right and you cannot force a vaginal delivery in the wrong situation
Dr. Brian Nguyen

In brief: No

Previa: Placenta overlies the cervix/birth canal.
Gr 1 means placenta is close, Gr 4 means it's directly overlying/blocking the baby's exit -- high chance of preterm labor & bleeding; you'd need a C/S at 36-37wks. More common in woman w/ hx of C/S & smoking. Not much you can do but wait. If dx'ed early, the uterus still grows/stretches and a placenta can migrate away even in 3rd tri. Follow w/ US.

In brief: No

Dr. Jane Van Dis