What can I do about those sudden heavy sweats?

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology
In brief: Heavy sweating
If episodes of heavy sweating are not precipitated by exericse, it is worth seeing your doctor for some testing to make sure your adrenal and thyroid glands are ok.

In brief: Heavy sweating
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Mention to your md
Iin the abscence of anything serious, botulinum toxin is a great solution.
However, although it's not likely, there are also other conditions which might cause such a complaint. If you are having night sweats, general heat intolerance, weight loss, heart palpitations or other complaints you may have a treatable medical condition. Mention it to your pcp.

In brief: Mention to your md
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Think about Botox
Hyperhidrosis (or excess sweating) is more common than you'd think! antiperspirants are the simple answer, but often won't work with true hyperhidrosis.
I have had success treating patients underarms, hands, feet, forehead, and scalp with botox. Botox is fda approved for sweating and is very safe and effective. Botox typically lasts for 6 months when used for excess sweating. Hope this helps!

In brief: Think about Botox
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Mark Pack