Can ssri meds for anxiety depression cause cardiac problems? If do which 1s can. Prozac. Celexa. Xanax (alprazolam).

Prologed QT. Can be caused by either Prozac (fluoxetine) or celexa. Both of these meds have been used exstensively for >10yrs. It has only recently come to light that some persons can devreloped prolonged qt on their ekg which can predispose them to life threatening arrythmias. Celexa has gotten a black box warning. Xanax/benzodiazipine withdrawl can cause tachy arrythmias and other life threatening issues.
Not usually. Causing a cardiac problem is not one of the common side effects or adverse reactions of ssris. Xanax (alprazolam) is not one; it is a benzodiazepine with addictive potential.