Obsessive compulsive disorder resistant to help?

Dr. John Benson

In brief: OCD seeking help

Persons with OCD can vary a bit in their willingness to get treatment, and the degree to which they seem to "want" to change.
The most resistant sub-group of ocd'ers I have observed has been hoarders, who are often quite unwilling to change or get help, resisting all efforts to "contain" their compulsions. They experience intolerable anxiety when "deprived" of their collection.

In brief: OCD seeking help

Dr. John Benson
Dr. John Benson
Dr. Timothy Re
Insight for ocd is variable and on a continuum from complete to absent. Motivation for change tends to be correlated with this
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Generally not

Generally OCD is treatable, but with more severe symptoms that have lasted years, treatments are more difficult and met with more resistance.

In brief: Generally not

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Keegan Duchicela