I think I need to see a doctor. I am contracting every 10 min. Why does labor delivery person say no?

Dr. Daniel McGee

In brief: Contraction Q 10 min

Labor is defined as regular painful contractions with cervical dilation.
Some may have dilation without frequent or painful contractions. How many weeks pregnant one is and the specifics on medical/pregnancy history is important here. If you are concerned and unsure then an exam by a doctor is best to check for any other signs and possible cervical dilation. When i doubt i advise check it out.

In brief: Contraction Q 10 min

Dr. Daniel McGee
Dr. Daniel McGee
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Five minutes

It sounds like you are in early labor.
Until the contractions are five minutes apart, there is not much need for you to see the physician yet. However, if you are concerned, go to labor and delivery and be assessed by the nurse, and she can check your cervix as well.

In brief: Five minutes

It sounds like you are in early labor.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Adam Levy