Can my depression be cause of my memory loss?

Dr. Claude Sassoon
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Attention or memory
One of the symptoms of depression is diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness, nearly every day.
In depression you fail to remember because you were not paying attention when the situation happened. The information did not get registered in your memory. Memory loss occurs when information has been registered but you have no access to it. Explore other possible causes.

In brief: Attention or memory
Dr. Claude Sassoon
Dr. Claude Sassoon
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
Depression can definitely cause problems with concentration and memory.
It would be important to have a good evaluation to also investigate other possible causes of decreased memory.

Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Eric Weisman