I am 74 and have chronic joint pain, but no one has an answer. Want to be acitve so can anyone help?

You need evaluation. There are many reasons why people have chronic joint pain. You need an evaluation. It is arthritis - what type? Is it soft tissue rheumatism? This can be a cause of chronic pain. Where do you hurt? If joints which joints? Do they swell? Are they tender to touch. A definition of what type of pain you have is the first step to appropriate therapy. A rheumatology evaluation would be wise.
Maybe. Your question is very vague and impossible to answer in this format. There are dozens of arthritis types with different treatments and different short and long term complications and problems. The best answer is to get the answer as to what form of arthritid you have. This is best answered by a rheumatologist.