How many/what strains of HPV warts cause penile cancer?

Genital warts. The hpv types that cause external visible warts (hpv types 6 and 11) rarely cause cancer. Other hpv types (most often types 16, 18, 31, 33 and 35) are less common in visible warts but are strongly associated with penile and vulvar intra-epithelial neoplasia (pre-cancerous changes) and squamous cell carcinoma (scc) of the genital area especially cervical cancer and less frequently invasive vulvar c.
16 and 18. Hpv type 16 and 18 are involved in most penile cancers. However, other types may also cause cancer.