Why did my doctor prescribe muscle relaxants? I need pain relief!

Pain is complicated! There are several types of pain including nerve pain and muscle pain. Although they often feel the same to a patient, a doctor knows that trying to clarify the type of pain often points to a more helpful solution. Muscle relaxants are often more effective than pain killers and so can be more appropriate for certain types of pain.
Pain treatment. Muscle relaxants refer to a class of medications. Like other classes of medications such as nsaids , muscle relaxants are commonly used to treat neck and back pain.