How can I have gestational diabetes if I used to have low sugar before my pregnancy?

Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Insulin resistance

Gestational diabetes is the result of excessive sugar and carbohydrate intake which causes high blood sugar levels, which then make your Insulin levels rise.
Plus the hormone changes in preg make prob worse. . Over time the chronically high Insulin levels lead to Insulin resistance and you will need to make higher and higher levels of insulin. Early on, high Insulin can cause hypoglycemia.

In brief: Insulin resistance

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Thomas Riney

In brief: Gestational diabetes

This is a common problem in pregnancies and may be associated with family history and rapid weight gain.
Your obstitrician is well able to handle this, it is important to listen to his advice.

In brief: Gestational diabetes

Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Peter Kurzweil