How to sleep after face lift?

Head elevated. You will reduce swelling and be more comfortable if you keep your head somewhat elevated after facelift surgery. Usually a couple of extra pillows will be sufficient. Your surgeon may also advise you wear a supportive bandage for a few weeks afterward.
Facelift Recovery. Sleep position after a facelift is of utmost importance and it is recommended to sleep on your back with your head elevated (30 deg) (make a wedge with a few pillows) during the first week. Many of my patients liked sleeping in a recliner for the first few days b/c you will be less likely to roll to the side. Follow this and you will reduce swelling and possible skin bunching or delayed healing.
Head elevated. Ideally sleep with your head above your heart to reduce swelling of the face and neck.
Sniffing position. Your neck should be slightly extended not flexed. A common thing to do is sleep on two pillows but be sure that the pillows are not flexing your neck, good luck.
On back with head up. Ideally, you should sleep on your back with your neck extended (do not tuck your chin into your chest and no pillow) with your head of the bed elevated. Lymphatic massage and a compression garment along with ice compresses may also help to minimize swelling.
Facelift Recovery. The best position for sleeping during facelift recovery is on your back, with your head higher than your heart. A few pillows or a wedge can provide sufficient elevation. Some patinets perfer to sleep in a lazy-boy type recliner. Whichever allows you to rest comfortably is fine. This provided enhanced lymphatic drainage, less swelling and discomfort. Always discuss recovery with your surgeon.
On Your Back. I recommend sleeping with your head elevated. I also suggest you sleep on your back for at least 3 weeks. More about facelifts here: http://www.Facialplastics.Info/facelift.Html.
Elevate Your head. Keep your head elevated like in a lounge chair and sleep on your back.
Post Op Facelift. After a facelift, you should sleep with your head elevated on several pillows. Try not to sleep on your side, and definitely not your stomach. It is important for the head to stay elevated above the level of the heart. Dr. Ricardo rodriguez baltimore, maryland.
Head not neck elevat. To minimize immediate postoperative swelling for the first several nights it is essential to sleep with your head elevated above the level of your heart. It is important not to tuck your chin or flex your neck which can actually make the swelling in your face worse by kinking the neck veins causing an outflow obstruction. So avoid a pillow under your head and use more of a wedge for your back/head.
Sleeping p/facelift. After facelift, typical sleep position is "head and shoulder up". Best accomplished by sleeping on a wedge shaped pillow or a recliner. Check with your surgeon for their preference.
Beach chair position. Keeping your head elevated for the first 5 days after surgery will greatly assist your recovery. Using gravity to reduce your swelling and bruising is advisable during your early postoperative period.
Head elevated. If you can place several pillow underneath your head, this elevation can help hasten the bruising and swelling after a facelift. I usually recommend a recliner for convenience and helps reduce rolling side to side. Avoid sleeping on the side of the face which can affect blood supply to the skin and cause complications.