I have muscle wasting due to peripheral neuropathy. Would steroids and exercise be the answer?

GENERIC ANSWER. You vitally need to know the reason for your peripheral neuropathy, and if it is due to an immune polyneuritis (cidp or mmn). If not, steroids not effective. Other causes could be specifically treated, with appropriate interventions. I do fully agree with dr davis that exercise is very useful. Lastly, would urge getting causation pinned down fully if not done so far.
Not wild . About the steroid idea but exercise for sure, especially swimming would be good for you.
Yes and No. Steroids should not be used in such a setting and may make the condition worse. Strengthening exercises may help build up muscle tissue and strength but should be done with caution and under guidance/supervision because too much exercise can also make the condition worse.
Maybe. Yes. But first, you need to address cause of peripheral neuropathy & get that fixed. If it's a simple B12 deficiency or poorly controlled diabetes, then corticosteroids & Anabolic steroids won't help. If it's due to nerve compression, then corticosteroids may help relieve neuropathy. Exercise is always important. Anabolic steroids will only help if ur levels are low. Excess is no good. Think goldilocks.