How do I find out if I have real depression?

Dr. Kalyn Diamond
Clinical Psychology
In brief: See your doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor and/or a psychologist or psychiatrist and they will be able to evaluate.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Kalyn Diamond
Dr. Kalyn Diamond
Dr. Robert Lim
In brief: Depression?
The best thing you can do is go see your primary care provider and have them evaluate you for signs and symptoms of depression.
They can get a full history and examine you, as well as get some laboratory tests to determine if you have secondary causes of depression. You can also find some depression screeners online, and one of the easiest is the beck's depression screen to score your symptoms.

In brief: Depression?
Dr. Robert Lim
Dr. Robert Lim
Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: 5 Symptoms for 2 wks
Change in sleep, appetite, energy, concentration, lack of interest, guilt, sadness, dark thoughts, & psychomotor agitation or retardation.

In brief: 5 Symptoms for 2 wks
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote