Asthma attack during a run in the middle of the woods. Sx: shortness of breath, wheezing (in/out), coughing. Stop or run out of woods? No inhaler.

Stop and walk out& Stop and walk out of the woods, and go directly to where your inhalers and/or nebuliser are.If you can not get to it, go to the nearest emergency department. You need a bronchodilator and inhaled or oral steroids.
Stop. Catch your breath and rest. Then walk out of the woods. Since you have a history of wheezing you should either take your inhaler prior to running or take it with you.
Get an inhaler. Sounds like allergy triggered exercise induced asthma. I would do lung function testing, get an inhaler, and see an allergist. You can get skin tested to identify your allergies and treat them so you can continue to enjoy an outdoor lifestyle.