Does anyone know anything about getting a breast augmentation in guatemala?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hard to know

While the promise of medical tourism is appealing, make sure you can be in the area for at least two weeks after surgery and are free to travel back for follow up examinations or concerns.

In brief: Hard to know

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Renee Burke
It is very important to remember that any follow-up visits or revisionary surgery, which is a risk with any surgical procedure, will not be covered by a surgeon in the United States without a cost attached. Also, breast implants placed in a foreign country may not be FDA approved and one should carefully investigate what devices are being used prior to surgery.
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Know I wouldn't go

For any procedure, i would recommend against having surgery abroad.
If problems arise after surgery then you might have problems with contacting your surgeon and/or getting evaluation and treatment. Furthermore, stateside treatment of complications may not be covered for procedures done in other countries. Seek a local (or nationally renown) plastic surgeon.

In brief: Know I wouldn't go

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

I cannot comment on the expertise and quality of plastic surgery abroad since you can find both ends of the spectrum in any country.
That being said, it is far preferable to be local to your surgeon should problems arise since he or she will have the best knowledge of the technical aspects of your procedure. Be very cautious of choosing your surgeon primarily based on cost.

In brief: No

Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Be careful

Medical tourism exists mainly because people are looking for the lowest price.
Be careful, make sure you know the qualifications of the surgeon and the standards of the operating facility. You also need to figure in travel costs, and follow-up visits. http://www.dassmd.com/cost-of-plastic-surgery/index.html.

In brief: Be careful

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Would

Go to brazil..
... Medical tourism when successful is less expensive, if a compllication arises.....10 % in implants, it is a nightmare and winds up costing more in the long run.

In brief: Would

Go to brazil..
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Beware

As a plastic surgeon in miami, florida, I am on the front line of surgical tourism. On multiple occasions I have had patients make appointments to see me to take care of their complication as they were getting off the plane back in the U.
S. There are many excellent surgeons in all countries, but it is much easier to fall into disreputable hands.

In brief: Beware

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Ewwh

I think i'd head for brazil or something a little less third world, brazil is probably the plastic surgery country of the world, course your talking about alot for plane tickets that's got to factor in to your cost consideration.

In brief: Ewwh

Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery